Offshore Rig Movers Establish Safety Policy
Offshore Rig Movers strives to provide talented consultants to the offshore industry who not only have the requisite skills to perform the technical aspects of the task, but also who have a desire to re-enforce the customer’s safe working practices and policies. We expect our consultants to embrace this concept and to agree to its terms.
- PPE: All consultants are required to wear personal protective equipment while on job sites and in hazardous locations as per our customers or their agents’ safety policies to the extent of the strictest policy. Consultants are required to purchase a hardhat, safety glasses, and steel-toed boots and submit those expenses to a maximum of $50 to Offshore Rig Movers.
- Vessel/Rig Orientations: All consultants are required to attend a vessel orientation upon arrival to the job site and a notation of the attendance made in the surveyor log. If one is not offered, the notation should be made in the surveyor log that one was requested.
- Safety Meetings: All consultants are required to attend at least one safety meeting held by the vessel crews per week and corresponding notation put in the surveyor log. If attendance covered does not include a regularly scheduled safety meeting, this requirement is waived.
- Safety Logs: Consultants must attend and be involved in a toolbox or pre-job safety talk/meeting before the undertaking of a procedure in which the consultant is part and the corresponding notation made within the consultants log.
- Drug Testing: Consultants agree to submit to any drug testing requirements, including random Drug testing requirements of our customers.
- Incident and Accident investigations: Consultants agree to take part in any investigation of an incident, accident, or unplanned event in which the consultant is involved.
- Hazard Analysis/JSA Requirements: Consultants agree to take an active role in the development of HAZIDS and JSAs for jobs in which they are involved..